Sunday, July 3, 2011

Daily Twitter Dump

  • 10:01 My jeans smell like grill and I forgot to bring another pair of pants to the hotel. UGH. #
  • 18:05 @matthewdowsmith Mary Sue/Gary Stu is a very specific class of annoying character. Bella Swan of Twilight is for sure a Mary Sue. #
  • 18:07 @matthewdowsmith I hate misuse of fan tropes though. Few years ago, someone was trying to apply "slash" to any couple... #
  • 18:08 @matthewdowsmith ...meaning m/f pairs, not just m/m or f/f. I think fannish outcry stopped it quick. #
  • 18:22 @matthewdowsmith Yeah... I can sort of see how it could apply, but I wouldn't call her one. #
  • 18:27 @matthewdowsmith She's missing a lot of real Mary Sue components like crazy super powers, fantastical hair, insanely ridiculous name. #
  • 18:28 @matthewdowsmith The only real Mary Sue characteristic she has is that she's unexpectedly related to main characters. Meh. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

No comments:

Post a Comment